Beans & Chard Bliss
Today, we have a delicious and nutritious treat in store for you – Beans and Chard. This delightful combination is not only packed with flavor but also offers a myriad of health benefits. So, grab your apron and let's dive into the world of beans and chard, where taste and wellness come together harmoniously. #beans #chard
- 1 cup dried broad beans rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 cup chard cut into largepieces
- ½ lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 olives
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to season
- Boil the rinsed broad beans with onion wedges, bay leaf and garlic cloves for about 25 minutes or until broad beans are slightly tender. Remove the onions and bay leaves from the pot.
- Add chard leaves to the pot, and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the leaves are just wilted.
- Strain the cooked broad beans and chard leaves with a fine strainer. Transfer them to the serving plate.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss them well. Top with olives before serving.
Serving: 1personCalories: 454kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 22gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 403mgPotassium: 1087mgFiber: 22gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2340IUVitamin C: 32mgCalcium: 139mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!