This delicious brie bacon and cherry chutney croissants recipe really offers a winning eat. They are heaven on a plate. Visualize it now, buttery flaky croissants, crispy bacon, gooey melted Brie, and a sweet-spicy cherry chutney dolloped on top!
This recipe is for two croissants. But, as you will have more chutney than you need, you can always scale up.
The cherry chutney is homemade. But don’t panic, it is ready in 3 minutes and creates about 2 cups, so as mentioned, there will be leftovers to use for other croissants, toasties, or as a topping for chicken or pork. Refrigerate the remaining amount in a container that is airtight, and it will keep for about a week.
The consistency of your chutney is up to you. A good tip I will give is, that Frozen cherries are much easier to use as they are pitted. Before looking at the recipe, I want to let you in on how you can make the chutney in 3 minutes! The big-time saver is, The Instant Pot™.
This pot offers HEALTHY COOKING WITH CONSISTENT RESULTS. It adjusts pressure, temperature, time, and heats to cook food up to 70% faster than other methods, and delivers consistent, delicious results every time.
Brie, bacon, and cherry chutney croissant recipe￼
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest preferably organic
- 1 large orange peeled and cut into chunks
- 12 oz cherries frozen but thawed with juice and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp corn-starch
- 2 tsp water
- 2 croissants cut lengthwise so they are halved
- 4 rashers bacon your favourite
- 3 oz Brie with the rind, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup homemade cherry chutney Made from the ingredients above
- Choosethe sauté option on the Instant Pot™, set it on high.
- Put olive oil and onion in and stir frequently, until the onion has a bit of colourand softens, it should take about 3-4 minutes.1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup red onion
- Then put in the nutmeg, rosemary,cinnamon, thyme, fresh ginger, salt and red pepper flakes. Give the mixture a stirand cook and continue to stir occasionally until it has browned nicely, thisshould take about 3-4 minutes.1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp dried rosemary, 1 tsp dried thyme, ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp fresh ginger, ¼ tsp salt
- Next add the balsamic vinegar to deglazethe pot, whilst gently scraping the base of the pot to mix the brown bits intothe onions.¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Now you want to add the orange zest,orange chunks, cherries, and brown sugar to your Instant Pot™. Give it a stir to combine then turn the pot off.1 tbsp fresh orange zest, 1 large orange, 12 oz cherries, ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Put the lid on and lock it and select therelease valve to sealing. Then choose the manual function and adjust thecooking time to 3 minutes.
- Whilst that is cooking, put your top ovenrack in the centre position and pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Place your croissant halves onto a rimmedbaking sheet lined with parchment paper. On the bottom half of each croissantplace 2 slices of your favourite bacon, and a good few thin slice of Brie. Thenset aside.
- Once the Instant Pot™ cook time has ended,promptly choose the pressure release valve to venting. When the steam has fullyreleased and the pin drops, carefully remove the lid. Mix the corn-starch and water in a littlebowl, and stir into your chutney to get a thicker consistency.
- Puttwo-thirds of the chutney mixture in a blender, pulsing several times tillblended, however not completely smooth.
- Putthe blended chutney back into the Instant Pot™, stir and simmer for a fewminutes then turn off the unit.
- Heap two tablespoons of the warm chutneyon the top half of each croissant. Put the baking sheet in the oven for 5-7minutes, or until the Brie is nicely melted, but you don’t want it running offthe croissants. Now for the best bit, get them out of theoven and serve immediately. Enjoy!