Creamy lentil mushroom stew recipe
A versatile stew that you can serve with pasta, rice or mash.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 g mushrooms sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 tsp ginger fresh, grated
- 2 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ paprika
- 70 g red lentils dried
- 360 ml water
- 240 ml low fat coconut milk canned
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 120 g spinach
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot on a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion and a pinch of salt. Cook,stirring frequently until softened, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the garlic, ginger, turmeric,curry powder, paprika and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the water and lentils and continue cooking for 20 minutes, until the lentils are thoroghly cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes. Then add the cornstarch and cook until thickened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach, add a splash of lemon and sprinkle of salt for taste.
Serving: 1personCalories: 320kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 16gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 154mgPotassium: 1259mgFiber: 15gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 5876IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 112mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!