Curried Broccoli & Chickpea Salad
Try this plant based salad it really is so tasty and super quick to prepare.
For the salad
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 110 g shredded carrots
- 400 g can chickpeas, nsed &drained
- 65 g dried cranberries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 15 g cilantro, chopped
- 40 g toasted almonds
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon-juiced
- 5 tbsp warm water, to thin dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli,carrots, chickpeas, cranberries, green onions, and cilantro. Stir and setaside.
- To make the dressing, add thedressing ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the saladand toss to combine. Sprinkle with almonds and toss again.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, or cover and place in the refrigerator for later.
This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1personCalories: 416kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 16gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.003gSodium: 649mgPotassium: 955mgFiber: 13gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 5942IUVitamin C: 149mgCalcium: 186mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!