Delicious vegan coconut waffles
Who doesn't love waffles? Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, now you don't have to miss out on the deliciousness if you eat vegan. This article will give you the inside scoop on making vegan coconut waffles that are so tasty you won't believe they don't contain any eggs or butter. With just a few simple steps and a handful of delicious ingredients, you'll have a vegan-friendly breakfast treat that will leave you licking your lips. We'll cover everything from the ingredients to the technique for cooking, so you'll be whipping up vegan coconut waffles just like a pro. So let's get started and put the vegan spin on this classic breakfast dish.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 30 g coconut flour
- 120 g oat flour
- 50 g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 60 ml coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil for greasing
- 360 ml light coconut milk canned
- pinch of salt
- Turn on your waffle iron and allow it to heat up.
- To create a chia egg, whisk together chia and water, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, combine thedry ingredients.
- Gently heat the coconut oil and mix it with the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coconut milk. Now add in the chia egg.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix them until a thick waffle batter forms.
- Apply coconut oil to your waffle iron to grease it.
- Pour in enough batter to cover the surface of the iron. Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions, typically 5-6 minutes, until they are golden brown and crispy.
This recipe yields about 6 large waffles, with one waffle per serving.
Serving: 1personCalories: 322kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 5gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 167mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 106mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!