Easy curried vegetable soup recipe
An easy curried vegetable soup recipe that packs an immune boost too.
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Carrot Grated
- 1 Red bell pepper Chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger Minced
- 1 Courgette Chopped
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 tomato Chopped
- 1/3 cup Plant based cream
- In a large pot, heat oil and gently fry the onion, minced ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the grated carrot and gently fry for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped pepper and courgette. Cook for roughly 5 minutes, season with curry powder and combine well.
- Next add the stock and bring to a boil. Cook covered for about 10 minutes until the veg are soft. In the meantime, add the chopped tomatoes. Add some salt for seasoning.
- When the veg is cooked, take off from the heat and blend with a hand blender. Add in the cream, season for taste, mix well and serve.
Carrots are very high in beta-carotene. Absorption of the beta-carotene is better if the carrots are cooked.
Serving: 1personCalories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 3gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gSodium: 648mgPotassium: 353mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 5335IUVitamin C: 61mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!