Feta and Roasted Root Vegetable Salad Recipe
Roasted vegetables have a fantastic taste and pair well with Feta in this cheeky little salad.
- 2 Carrots peeled
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Parsnips Peeled
- 450 g Pumpkin
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 oz Rocket
- 2 oz Feta
- . Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Peel and cube the pumpkin. and then wash and peel your carrots and parsnips. Then cut them into small strips.
- Add the vegetables into a roasting tray, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and roast in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes
- Once tender and cooked add the vegetables and rocket to a large bowl and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Crumble the feta cheese and pumpkin seeds on top , and season with salt and pepper to serve
A good protein boosting Tip: Serve with cooked chicken breast or chicken thighs. Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants that may reduce inflammation and help protect against disease.
Serving: 1personCalories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 6gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 200mgPotassium: 917mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 15406IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 179mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!