Healthy breakfast baked apples recipe
This dish is an easy and healthy breakfast choice that will provide you with plenty of energy to get through the day. Try our Healthy Breakfast Baked Apples Recipe. This delicious dish is a perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors, and is an excellent source of antioxidants. Enjoy the goodness of homemade baked apples for breakfast today!
- 160 g rolled oats
- 720 ml water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large apples tops sliced & insides hollowed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cranberries dried
- 2 tbsp pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Combine the rolled oats and water in a medium saucepan and place over a medium-low heat. Stir the oats occasionally until creamy, then stir in the maple syrup and ground cinnamon.
- Transfer the apples to a baking dish and brush the inside of each apple with coconut oil. Sprinkle over the coconut sugar and cinnamon, then spoon in the oatmeal. Place the dish into the hot oven and bake the apple for around 35 minutes until soft.
- Serve the apples warm from the oven, topped with cranberries and pecans.
Serving: 1personCalories: 378kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 6gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 21mgPotassium: 443mgFiber: 11gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 135IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!