Ever wondered how to make Sloppy Joes? This recipe is super quick and easy to make. And they are even tastier the next day thanks to the tomato-based sauce. For dead easy cleanup, all the ingredients can be incorporated right into the pan rather than using an extra bowl. However, if you so wish the ingredients can be blended to ensure they are thoroughly blended before adding to the pan of mincemeat.
How to make sloppy joes
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 1 medium white onion Finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic Minced
- 1 1 medium green pepper Finely chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 15 oz can of tomatoe sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (adjust amount depending on personal preference)
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce available on Amazon
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (80% lean)
- Heat the oil in a large,high-sided pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic.Season with salt and black pepper, and stir to incorporate. Cook for 4-5minutes, or until the mixture softens and develops some color
- Addthe beef and break into small pieces with a fork or spatula. Cook until thoroughlybrowned, roughly 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain the excess fatfrom the pan.
- Return the meat and veg tothe heat and add tomato paste, tomato sauce, , brown sugar, mustard, chiligarlic sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Season with more salt and black pepper, accordingto your taste, and mix thoroughly. Simmer, until it is heated through, roughly 5- 10 minutes
- Whilethe meat and sauce simmers, turn on your grill to heat. Open the burger bunsand place on a large, baking sheet. Brush the buns with butter and place underthe grill for several minutes, until the buns are golden brown.
- Removethe baking sheet from the grill and place some of the warm meat and sauce ontoeach burger bun bottom. Place the topsof the burger buns on ssand serve immediately with your choice of sides such as pickles,potato chips, sweet potato fries or French fries.