Orange chicken and pecan salad
Orange chicken and pecan salad that is great for your immune system as well as making a tasty lunch.
- 1 Orange
- 7 oz Chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Rocket
- 1/4 Iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 Pomegranite seeds
- 1/4 Roasted pecans
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon
- Peel your orange and remove the pulp. Squeeze the juice from the rest of the orange and use it for the dressing.
- Combine the ingredients of the dressing in a cup, and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cut the chicken breast into 4 smaller bits, coat with olive oil,season and place in a hot pan — cooking for 4 minutes. Remember to turn.
- Drizzle the chicken with a tablespoon of dressing and continue to cook for about 1.5 minutes on a slightly lower heat, turn over, drizzle with another tablespoon of dressing and cook for another minute, then remove fromthe pan and set aside. Once cooled sliceinto pieces.
- Combine the salad leaves and place on two plates, then top with the orange and chicken. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and roasted pecans. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Serving: 1personCalories: 458kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 28gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 2394mgPotassium: 1343mgFiber: 7gSugar: 72gVitamin A: 1319IUVitamin C: 98mgCalcium: 149mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!