Pulled Seitan with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
This is a glorious recipe that you will make time and time again.
- 210 g brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 225 g Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 350 g seitan cut
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 avocado stoned, peeled & mashed
- 3 tbsp soy natural yogurt
For the salsa
- 150 g fresh pineapple diced
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 1 red chili deseeded & finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Cook rice according to instructions on packaging.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, then add the remaining olive oil, garlic, and mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Now add in the paprika, thyme,cumin, ginger, allspice, tomato passata, seitan, apple cider vinegar and coconut sugar, and stir to combine. Bring to the boil then cover with a lid and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado with the yogurt until smooth, then set aside.
- Make the salsa by mixing thepineapple, onion, red chili and cilantro together in a bowl.
- To serve, spoon the seitan on topof the rice, then add a spoonful of the avocado yogurt and some of the salsa.
Serving: 1personCalories: 515kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 26gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0.003gSodium: 417mgPotassium: 798mgFiber: 9gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 484IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!