Quinoa & Kale Eggplant Burger Recipe
You gotta try this burger, it is soooooo tasty.
For the eggplant buns
- 2 eggplants sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the burgers
- 140 g quinoa
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g kale stalks removed & leaves roughly chopped
- 8 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes in oil,drained
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 tbsp burger sauce of choice
- handful arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Place the slices of eggplant on the baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Place the quinoa and vegetable stock in a pot, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Bring a separate pot of water to the boil. Add the kale and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, then drain well and squeeze out excess water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small skillet over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes ,then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, until the onion has softened.Place the onion mixture into a large bowl along with the cooked quinoa and kale. Add the sun dried tomatoes and basil and mix well to combine. Using your hands, form the mixture into 8 even-sized burgers.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over a medium heat. Working in batches, fry the burgers for 5 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
- To assemble the burgers, use 2 slices of eggplant as buns, add the sliced tomato, red onion and arugula andtop with your favorite burger sauce.
Calories: 288kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 5gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 169mgPotassium: 736mgFiber: 7gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1695IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 69mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!