Unlock the incredible possibilities with this red lentil tortilla recipe
Discover the tantalizing taste and incredible health benefits of this delicious red lentil tortilla recipe. Expertly crafted with the plant-based consumer in mind, this vegan delight is not only delicious, but it's also high in protein, making it a must-have meal solution for any time of day.
- 190 g red lentils
- 480 ml water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- To start, the red lentils should be rinsed under cold water for a couple of minutes using a sieve.
- Once drained, add the lentils to a large bowl and mix in water before setting aside to soak for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours.
- After the lentils have soaked, blend them along with the water in a blender until smooth. Transfer the batter back into the bowl, add salt, and mix.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add some olive oil once hot. Pour a ladle full of batter into the skillet and use the back of a spoon to spread it out as much as possible. Once the edges turn brown, flip the tortilla and cook for a few more minutes on the other side.
- Once done, remove from the heat and let it cool on a plate.
- Repeat the process until all the batter has been used. This recipe makes 9 wraps, with each serving consisting of one wrap without any fillings.
Serving suggestions: roasted vegetables, vegetable spreads, favourite vegan protein. Go wild with your fillings. Let me know what you make with them in the comments
Serving: 1personCalories: 116kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 5gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 69mgPotassium: 202mgFiber: 6gSugar: 0.4gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!