Spiced Tofu Scramble Recipe
A great plant based altrnative to scrambled eggs
- 225 g Firm Tofu
- 1 cauliflower head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- ½ Red Onion finely sliced
- 5 tbsp Tandoori masala
- Salt & pepper
- 70 g Kale, chopped
- 5 g Parsley, chopped
- 35 g Kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Wrap the tofu in a kitchen cloth and press it with something heavy on top to remove as much liquid as possible.
- In the meantime, add the onion andcauliflower to a large mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3tablespoons of masala spice blend and season with salt and pepper. Toss tocombine.
- Transfer the vegetables onto the lined baking sheet and place into the hot oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the kale to the mixing bowl andtoss with another tablespoon of olive oil and masala spice, and season withsalt and pepper. Massage with your hands to coat the kale in the oil and spicemixture.
- At the 20 minutemark, give the cauliflower and onion a stir and add the kale to one end of thebaking sheet. Bake for a further 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat a largeskillet to medium-high heat.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and use afork to tear it apart. Add the olives, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and masalaspice blend, season with salt, and pepper; and add half the parsley.
- Once the pan is hot, add theremaining tablespoon of olive oil and cook the tofu for about 5 minutes, oruntil browned and dry.
- To serve, place the vegetablemixture on serving plates and top with tofu scramble. Garnish with theremaining parsley and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtightcontainer, in the refrigerator, for up to 2 days.
Serving: 1personCalories: 446kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 18gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 451mgPotassium: 1216mgFiber: 9gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 3776IUVitamin C: 177mgCalcium: 206mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!