Sweet potato pancake recipe
Super savory sweet potato pancakes that are ready to munch in 20- 25 mins. All that's left for you to do is make them and decide what you want to top them with.
- 300 g Sweet potato grated
- 1/2 Onion grated
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp Buckwheat flour heaped
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- Thoroughly mix sweet potato and onion with the eggs, flour, and crushed garlic, in a bowl. Season with paprika, salt and pepper. This should provide enough batter for 16 panckes.
- Heat the coconut oil over a moderate heat, and add a heaped tablespoon of the batter(1) pancake to your pan Fill the pan with the pancakes it can hold. Fry for about 3 minutes on medium heat, then flip and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings
Sweet potato is a starchy root vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They also provide antioxidants that protect your system from free radical damage and chronic disease. The recipe here offers the following topping suggestion:
- lamb’s lettuce or parsley
sliced cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
Serving: 1personCalories: 199kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 59mgPotassium: 362mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 10823IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!