The best Teppanyaki Tofu Recipe
Are you looking to add a unique flavor to your next meal? Teppanyaki tofu is a delicious, plant based dish that's sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. It's a classic Japanese-style cuisine that combines fried tofu with a flavorful mix of vegetables and spices. It's the perfect balance of sweet and savory, and can be served as a side dish or a main.
- 500 g tofu extra firm, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- freshly ground pepper
- Press the tofu to drain out any excess water.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the white onion until translucent..Then add in the white parts of the green onion and the garlic, and cook until browned.
- Add in the mushrooms and season to your taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stir through the chives, then remove the mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the tofu until golden brown on all sides. Add the mushrooms back into the pan and pour in the sauce, then allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the remaining green onion.
Serving: 1personCalories: 405kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 24gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 656mgPotassium: 178mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 126IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 332mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!