Vegan Pasta Arrabiata Recipe
A vegan pasta sayce that can be used as your base pasta sauce for many many different dishes
- 140 g whole wheat pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 480 ml tomato passata
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 red chili pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds toasted, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packaging.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium heat, add the eggplant, and season with salt and paprika. Add in the onion and garlic and continue to cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato passata, fresh tomatoes, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar, and chili pepper.Stir to combine and leave to simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce,adding more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the toasted almonds.
Serving: 1personCalories: 581kcalCarbohydrates: 108gProtein: 24gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 141mgPotassium: 2497mgFiber: 17gSugar: 29gVitamin A: 2755IUVitamin C: 91mgCalcium: 144mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!