Vegan red lentil bolognese recipe
Nobody likes the chore of meal prepping for the week, but with a delicious and protein-packed vegan red lentil bolognese recipe, you'll be looking forward to your weekday lunches. This nutritious and easy-to-make dish is the perfect way to get your fill of vitamins, minerals, and fiber without spending hours in the kitchen.
- 140 g whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ small white onion
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 4 tbsp fresh basil plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 200 g canned red lentils drained
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 bay leaf
- 120 ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging
- Chop the onion, garlic, celery and carrot cut into rough chunks and place into the food processor. Pulse until the vegetables are minced.
- Warm the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat and add the minced vegetables. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables become translucent.
- Add the oregano and chopped basil leaves, and cook for 1 minute. Then add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, lentils, balsamic vinegar, tamari, bay leaf and water.Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season the sauce with coconut sugar and salt. Add the walnuts and cooked spaghetti and cook for a further 4minutes.
- Serve the red lentil bolognese topped with nutritional yeast and basil leaves.
Serving: 1personCalories: 590kcalCarbohydrates: 96gProtein: 27gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 1488mgPotassium: 1344mgFiber: 14gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 5783IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 180mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!