Vegan spinach stew recipe
A super tasty Vegan spinach stew that is on the table in just 25 minutes!
- 14 oz Spinach fresh
- 2 cups Lentils drained from can
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas drained from can
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Basil chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, add the spinach and a splash of water. Then cook until wilted. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- n the same pot, heat the coconut oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Combine the cumin and coriander powder with the onion mixing well and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Then, add the lentils and the stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- Stick the spinach, parsley and basil in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Stir in the tahini and season with salt and pepper
- Add the spinach mixture and chickpeas to the lentils and warm through to serve.
Serving: 1personCalories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 16gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 568mgPotassium: 1796mgFiber: 38gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 10411IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 226mgIron: 13mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!