Vegan Tempeh Sandwich Recipe
A delicous vegan sandwich
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 85 g Tempeh
- 2 tbsp Balsalmic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- 4 slices Wholewheat bread toasted
- 50 g Arugula
- 55 g Sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat, add the sliced tempeh and sauté. After a couple of minutes add the tamari, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Place the avocado into a bowl with the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and mash to combine.
- Spread the avocado over 2 slices of the toasted bread, top with the arugula, sun dried tomatoes, and crispy tempeh slices, and close the sandwich with the remaining slices of toasted bread. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1personCalories: 521kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 17gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 1319mgPotassium: 1868mgFiber: 14gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 987IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 218mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!